As some of you know, I run a monthly teen book club at work (Borders), where each month we discuss a previously chosen book. The super-cool Lucy Christopher, UK debut author of Stolen, joined us for our June meeting last Thursday, and it was brilliant!
Lucy read from her book, answered questions, then signed many copies (and postcards) of Stolen. Everyone had a great night, and we've since had a lot of really good event feedback. Cheers Lucy!
Some things I remembered...
- Lucy is a big Twilight fan! Very cool. We went to Frankie and Benny's for pizza, and had quite a good talk about all things Meyer. I'm glad I'm not the only one with mixed views on Breaking Dawn!
- She wrote a few different endings for Stolen, but ended up deciding on the final one used, for reasons you'll understand if you've read it.
- The original cover for Stolen was supposed to have a girl on it, and look kind of like a real life memoir type thing. I'm so glad it was changed!
- She told us a very funny story about a camel throwing up in Aussie. All I can say is yuck.
- She had another cool story about driving through the Aussie desert. It sounds interesting, but very scary/deserted.
- She's a big fan of John Marsden's Tomorrow series. Maybe some book club people will buy it!
- I kind of made her get The Hunger Games. I think it's a must-read, so fingers crossed she likes it!
- She's currently at work on book number two, which should be released sometime in 2010.
- Stolen is being released in Australia next month I think, and in the US in Spring 2010 (I think).
- She has the best business cards ever!
Here are some pictures...