Well all know lots about Hush, Hush and Crescendo, but how much do we know about awesome author Becca Fitzpatrick? Having been in contact with her over email since around May 2009, I can confirm that she is brilliant. So friendly and a genuinely nice person - I can't wait to meet her in a couple of weeks!
I've compiled everything you need to know about Becca, including a very random Q&A I sent her a few weeks ago. Interviews, bios and links await you, so read on!
I always held on to my dream of writing, but went through a phase in college where I wanted to be a spy. I stalked the CIA website and filled out at least a dozen applications. I thought being a spy was dangerous and sexy. I didn't want to be the girl who got a degree, only to settle down and do house-ish things...like answer telemarketers' calls and choose between Spanish or Ladybug Red for the kitchen walls.
In December 2000, I married my Philadelphia-native husband, Justin. In April 2001, I graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Community Health and went to work as a secretary-slash-teacher-slash-accountant at an alternative high school in Provo, Utah. I loved the students at the school, but having the principal call me in on Saturdays to operate the copy machine was a different matter. In February 2003, my husband surprised me by enrolling me in a writing class for my twenty-fourth birthday. On that day, I went from the girl who wrote stories daily in the privacy of her journal, to the girl who wrote stories and shared them with people outside of the worlds in her head. It was also in that class that I started writing HUSH, HUSH.
Five years, one baby, and one move to Colorado later, I had a book, and it was just about as sexy and dangerous as the spy-life I'd always dreamed about.
In June 2008 I found my agent, Catherine Drayton, and in September 2008 she sold the book to Simon & Schuster.
- Hardcover or paperback? HARDCOVER
- Edward or Jacob? JACOB [Uhh, Becca, are you sure about that?!]
- Thunder or lightning? LIGHTNING
- Movies or TV shows? TV SHOWS (BURN NOTICE, ALIAS, FELICITY AND FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, I'M LOOKING AT YOU!)
- Flats or heels? HEELS
- Right handed or left handed? RIGHT
- Bookmark or dog-ear? BOOKMARK
- Peeta or Gale? GALE [Yay! You've just redeemed yourself for the whole Jacob thing!]
- Burgers or pizza? CHEESE PIZZA, PLEASE!
- Linkin Park or Taylor Swift? TAYLOR SWIFT
- Vampires or werewolves? VAMPIRES (WHICH MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE SINCE I CHOSE JACOB ABOVE. WHAT CAN I SAY, I'M COMPLEX!) [:D]
- Jane Austen or Emily Bronte? TOO CLOSE TO CALL
- Pancakes or waffles? PANCAKES
- Becca Fitzpatrick.com [Official site]
- Fallen Archangel [Fansite]