So, this week was pretty amazing! I ended up with a lot of cool books, some of which I am very, very excited to read (Hellooo, Delirium!). I went to London on Monday and Tuesday, to go to Jennifer Lynn Barnes' Raised by Wolves launch party and to visit some publishing friends. I'll write a proper report soon, but I ended up seeing Quercus, Orion, Hodder and Headline. *waves* Anyway. It was a great trip, and I also got to hang out with the lovely Justin Somper, who writes the Vampirates series. Oh, and it was also my first proper week at my new job - all went well, and I'm so happy to be a bookseller again. :D
Now, here are this week's books:
- The Beasties by Jenny Nimmo and Gwen Millward (Read this and the Beasties are very cute!)
- Black Swan Rising by Lee Carroll (Can't wait to read this one!)
- Heart of Valour by L. J. Smith
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 2 by Various Authors (Woohoo!)
- Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (This is the new Signature edition. So pretty!)
- Birth of a Killer by Darren Shan (Can't wait to read this one either!)
- The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (YAY!)
- Floodland by Marcus Sedgwick
- Witch Hill by Marcus Sedgwick
- The Foreshadowing by Marcus Sedgwick (My Sedgwick collection is now complete!)
For review, from London:
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (It's about time I gave this one a go).
- Glee: The Official Annual 2011 by Charlotte Ward (If you're a Glee fan, you need this book. SO COOL!)
- Dark Matter by Michelle Paver
- The Raven Mysteries: Vampires and Volts by Marcus Sedgwick (Read this and loved it!)
- Homelander: The Truth of the Matter by Andrew Klavan
- Frightfully Friendly Ghosties by Daren King
- My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (The Hodder ladies were shocked I'd never read a JP book, so they threw a couple of titles at me).
- Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild (This is a nice new collector's edition - will give it a go!)
- Ghostgirl: Lovesick by Tonya Hurley
- The Bride That Time Forgot by Paul Magrs
- Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan (UK proof/ARC. Sounds great!)
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver (UK proof/ARC. OMG! etc. It also has my Before I Fall quote in it!)
- The Raven Mysteries: Flood & Fang by Marcus Sedgwick (This is the new paperback. My review is here).
- The Pact by Jodi Picoult
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (I've always bought the US hardcover editions of Cassie's books, so I had to get this one too!)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Twilight (Season 8, #7) by Various
- Torment by Lauren Kate (Again, a lovely US hardcover edition).
- The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi (I bought this with an Amazon gift voucher Emma/Asamum bought me. Thanks so much, dude!)
- Bloodthirsty by Flynn Meaney (Sounds so funny!)
- Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales (I've heard good things about this one, and I love the cover).