This week was amazing! I went to London (my last trip of 2010) to see The National and 30 Seconds to Mars, and to visit the Bloomsbury offices. I had a meeting with Emma, J. K. Rowling and Mary Hooper's editor, who was absolutely lovely. I had lunch with publicity Emma, who I've been talking to over email for over 2 years, and also interviewed an exciting 2011 debut author. It was great to finally see the famous Bloomsbury offices, and everything I did there will be posted during my Bloomsbury week next year. Thanks to all there for making it a great day, even though the snow was bad and I had to leave London early. I do pretty much live in Narnia, so it was understandable!
I came back with some really exciting books, not to mention a few brilliant gifts. I can't wait to read all of these books, though some are for 2011 so will have to wait a little bit longer!
- Monster Republic: The Judas Code by Ben Horton
For review, from London:
- Crusade by Linda Press Wulf (UK proof/ARC)
- Wolfsbane and Mistletoe edited by Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner
- A Boy Called M.O.U.S.E. by Penny Dolan
- Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey (UK proof/ARC. This sounds brilliant - ghost story!)
- Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch (UK proof/ARC. Also sounds ace!)
- The Opposite of Amber by Gillian Philip (UK proof/ARC)
- A Beautiful Lie by Irfan Master (Irfan also signed it for me... thanks mate!)
- The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones
- Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (I'm almost finished with this one. I've enjoyed it, but hmm).
- Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
Gifts from Bloomsbury:
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (signed)
- Harry Potter Signature Edition Boxset by J. K. Rowling
Happy reading guys, and have a nice week!