Justin Somper's sixth and final Vampirates book, Immortal War, was published in the UK last week, and there's a blog tour to celebrate! The full listing of blogs and dates can be found here, and the tour ends on June 16th. Hope you've been enjoying it so far!
I think most people who know me know I'm obsessed with vampires. Pirates on their own, not so much (unless he's called Jack Sparrow), but if you put them both together then I'm on board. Vampirates is one of the coolest mash-ups I've ever heard of, so well done Justin - my vampire loving self approves! Here's 10 reasons you know you're obsessed. How many can YOU tick off?
10 Ways to Know You're Obsessed with Vampirates
- You've legally changed your name to Lady Lola Lockwood.
- You dress like a vampire pirate. Every day.
- You're going to name your first child Grace or Connor Tempest depending which one arrives first. They'll be the greatest pirates who ever lived, with auburn hair and bright green eyes.
- You refer to Justin Somper as 'The Captain'.
- You vehemently refuse to see any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Unless it has 'Vamp' in the title, you're just not interested.
- You have a tattoo of your favourite Vampirates book cover. (Not recommended: your parents still haven't forgiven you!)
- You practise swordfighting for an hour a day. You need to be prepared for when you meet Sidorio.
- You attend Twilight movie premieres with a home-made banner saying 'Team Lorcan'. Your mission: to show every sparkly vampire fan what they're missing.
- Instead of doing geography homework, you use the time to perfect your map reading skills. One day you'll sail on the high seas...
- You part-own a boat. It took a *lot* of paying for!
Find more info on Captain Somper and his vampirates at the following links: