Making this list this year was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Artichoke Hearts has been my favourite book of 2011 since I read it way back in January; I knew it was special then and nothing has taken its place since. Most of the other books on this list were published during the first half of the year, which confirms that nothing really grabbed my attention towards the end of the year. There were a few exceptions, of course, but January-June was definitely stronger for me. I wholeheartedly recommend every single book on this list - I loved them all!
10. Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
9. Raising Demons by Rachel Hawkins
8. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
7. The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
6. Divergent by Veronica Roth
5. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
4. The 13 Secrets by Michelle Harrison
3. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
2. Becoming Nancy by Terry Ronald
1. Artichoke Hearts by Sita Brahmachari
So here's to 2012. Happy reading, everyone. I wish you many fantastic books!
It's one of my favourite times of year again - the time when I can post my 'best of' lists! This also marks the end of my month-long December blog break... hurrah! This year once again saw some brilliant book covers, and here are my top ten. Do you agree? Disagree? Let me know!