Meet the Strawberry Sisters! Oldest sister Amelia wants to be Left Alone to have deep thoughts, so she's grown a fringe to hide under. Second up is Chloe who's sport-crazy and in training to be a wrestling star (this week anyway). Littlest sister Lucy is the cute one who's training an army of earwigs.Then there's Ella. The middle one who's still trying to work out what makes her 'perfectly Ella' and how to stand out in a house full of big personalities. And now there's a new Strawberry Sister. Baby Kirsti who lives with Dad and his Finnish girlfriend. Along with her sisters and one very tired Mum who's struggling to keep it all together, Ella's small home is crammed with almost-finished homework, nearly-clean jumpers and a vampire bunny called Buttercup. With so much going on, life can sometimes feel totally crazy but the Strawberry sisters have a secret weapon against the craziness of the world they live in, each other.
Perfectly Ella is the first book in a brand new series from Candy Harper, who just so happens to be one of my favourite UK authors. It sounds like a really fun, lighthearted read, and I can't wait to get stuck in. It's published tomorrow by Simon and Schuster, so do mark it on your calendars!
I hope you enjoy reading Chloe's pranking tips - good luck using them on your own family!
Chloe’s Tips for Pranking Your Family
If you want to have brilliant fun making people you know look stupid then the first thing you’ve got to do is to make sure the person you are pranking will think it’s funny. I play most of my tricks on my friend, Thunder, because he is smart enough to know that getting smacked in the face with a fish is hilarious. Some people don’t even realise that because they are too busy squealing, Ahhh, I’ll never get all these scales out of my hair!
When you’ve picked your victim, try one of my favourite pranks.
1. Pour your sister’s favourite cereal into a bowl, add milk and then put the whole thing in the freezer overnight. In the morning, top up with a thin layer of non-frozen milk then plonk it on the table in front of her and enjoy her face when her spoon hits the frozen milk.
2. Sellotape the bottle bit of a party popper to a closed door and the little string to the door frame. When someone opens the door the party popper will go off. When I did this to my little sister, Lucy, she threw herself on me with a fork because she thought I was a bank robber firing a gun. Even though we don’t live in a bank. And you shouldn’t try to fight guns with a fork. You shouldn’t really try to fight anything with a fork. Except maybe badly behaved spaghetti.
3. Buy a fake biscuit from a joke shop and pop it in a tin with some real ones. Try not to giggle when one of your guests picks it out. (This trick doesn’t work so well on anyone with a really big appetite; Thunder was half way through a rubber bourbon before he realised what was going on.)
4. Replace your biggest sister’s grey school socks with your littlest sister’s grey school socks and spy on her when she tries to cram her tootsies into them. This works best if you spend the night before saying, Have your stinky feet grown? They look absolutely ginormous.
5. Paint a moustache on someone while they are sleeping. This is much more funny if you choose someone who doesn’t want facial hair. When me and Ella did this trick on Lucy she actually loved her moustache. She cried when Mum scrubbed it off her.
[Click to enlarge.]