Here's the long version:
My name's Jenny, I'm 26 years old and I live in the UK. I used to work as a bookseller for Borders in the UK, for almost two and a half years. I now work as a bookseller at WHSmith.
I review YA/teen books, middle grade/9-12 titles, new adult, plus some 5+ and picture books. I'll read the occasional adult novel, especially if it involves vampires, epic romances or is written by Sophie Kinsella.
I first started Wondrous Reads in January 2009. I'd been posting my reviews on Amazon for quite a while, and came home from work one night and suddenly had the idea to start a blog. I quickly made friends within the blogosphere, and I love the whole YA community. Starting my blog is one of the best things I've ever done - I love it!
I'm a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, it's my favourite thing - including books, TV shows, films - ever. I can't actually describe how much I love it!
I also love other TV shows, music, films, vampires, tennis and the Titanic.
Here are some top 5 favourites lists...
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
- The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- One Tree Hill / Friday Night Lights
- Gilmore Girls
- The Lord of the Rings
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Superman the Movie
- Saving Private Ryan / Blade
- Jimmy Eat World
- Coheed and Cambria
- Brand New
- Snow Patrol
- Florence + the Machine